Heading picture

Heading picture

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Local Leader - Earl Leblanc

Earl Leblanc is the President of Experience Works Training Resources, with over 30 years of Corporate Leadership and Safety Training experience. He is a Lafayette resident; originally from New Orleans, La, where Athletes For Christ (AFCO) originated. He is an elder at Destiny of Faith Church and has a passion to see the gospel spread among the youth of our city. Over the past couple of years, he and his wife, Donna, have shown us how to work with other churches and organizations to advance the gospel.


How do you define leadership?

"I believe leadership is the ability to visualize the objectives and empower people to do what needs to be done to achieve those objectives. A leader serves his/her team by setting the model for success and being a good communicator and a mentor who helps others grow into that model."

What inspired you to become the leader you are today?

"My father was my inspiration as a boy. He was my coach, mentor, and friend. He taught me to do my best, respect others, and step up as a leader when the opportunity presented itself. He told me to help people do their best and thank them after for trying, even if they did not reach their target. Although he passed away when I was 13, I still remember how he would bring kids from all over the neighborhood to the park and teach us how to play sports. He would always reward everyone's efforts."

What legacy do you hope to leave?

"I hope that my legacy is one of being a servant of God who did what I was sent here to this earth to do, and to positively impact as many lives of our youth as I can. To raise up leaders. I hope that in the years after I'm gone, people will see me as an effective leader who made a difference in people's lives. And those people will continue to rise to the next level in making their environment better than before."

No comments: