Heading picture

Heading picture

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Local Leader - Tina Shelvin Bingham

Tina Shelvin Bingham is the Executive Vice President of the McComb-Veazey Neighborhood Coterie. She is a proud Northside High School Alumnae. She received her B.S. in Civil Engineering from Southern University and A&M College in Baton Rouge, LA and eventually earned her Master of Business Administration in Project Management from Ashford University. She is currently employed by the Lafayette Consolidated Government in the Department of Public Works.

                                          


How do you define leadership?
I define leadership as seeing a vision and having the courage to work towards achieving that vision. It is also empowering the people around you to join you on the journey towards the goal.

What inspired you to become the leader you are today?
My parents have always encouraged us to give back to the community. The concept of
"It takes a village…"  has always resonated throughout all aspects of my life. I always strive to help others in any way that I can and try to avail myself and resources where needed.

What legacy do you hope to leave?
I hope to leave a legacy of purpose. I want to inspire others, particularly the next generation of leaders, to use their strengths and talents for a purpose greater than themselves and to create their own legacy by being a positive impact on the world.

Follow what's happening with the McComb/Veazey Coterie here.

No comments: